My name is Anne-Marie, I’m a fully qualified Independent Celebrant. I can create and conduct a unique wedding celebration ceremony especially for you. Your ceremony is the heart of your wedding celebration, it’s the focus of the day and why you’re there in the first place, you love each other and you want to declare this love in front of your family and friends.
My role as a celebrant is to listen to your ideas, discuss how you can achieve them and then create a bespoke ceremony just for you. We’ll have several opportunities to discuss everything and once I’ve written your personal ceremony I’ll send it to you for you to check and amend if required.
Your ceremony will be centred on you and your love for each other rather than following a specific formula. You can include traditional elements and add your own twist to them or you can create your whole ceremony from scratch.
You can make your ceremony personal and meaningful in various ways:
- Let me tell your unique love story. How you felt when you first met or on your first date, how and when you knew you’d found your soulmate, how you fell in love. These insights will make your ceremony so memorable for you and your guests.
- You can write your own vows or adapt traditional declarations in your own way.
- You can choose the words you say when you exchange your rings, and there are no restrictions on readings, poetry, prayers and music.
- There are traditional or cultural rituals from around the world that you can adapt to make your ceremony even more special. For example, a ceremony from Greece involving Greek Crowns, the ancient Celtic ritual of Handfasting, popular in medieval times, an Oathing stone ceremony from Scotland, setting your vows in stone, or you can always create your own symbolic element.
- You can hold your ceremony anywhere and at any time because the legal registration of your marriage takes place separately at a registry office with a couple of witnesses. It can be on a beach, in a woodland or meadow, in the village hall or a local restaurant or hotel.
- Choose who to involve in your ceremony – just you, your parents or grandparents, your maid of honour and best man, your children, anyone you wish.
Let your personalities shine through by choosing every element of your ceremony.
Give me a call or drop me an email, so we can chat about making your special day truly unique.
45 Fleet Lane